When you meet someone in a support group, there’s usually some kind of trauma surrounding your circumstances, making it difficult, or at least emotional, to answer the “how did you two meet?” question. But it’s true. I met Jen in support group. It was a unique group for people living with cancer and their supporters. I was my sister’s supporter and Jen was her partner’s supporter. A lot has happened since, but the support that Jen and others provided in that group I will remember for all times.

Over time, I’ve come to know Jen far beyond the bonds of “cancer-world” though I suppose that’s always with us. She’s an accomplished artist, a well-connected collector, a fearless snow-boarder, a choice selection for the infrequent jaunt to the wild rose, and a good friend. Barb is her girlfriend (who I admit that I’ve just met but is just lovely!) and I hope you’ll have fun getting to know them at our party. They’ve promised to mingle, both of them, don’t let them out of it!
Over time, I’ve come to know Jen far beyond the bonds of “cancer-world” though I suppose that’s always with us. She’s an accomplished artist, a well-connected collector, a fearless snow-boarder, a choice selection for the infrequent jaunt to the wild rose, and a good friend. Barb is her girlfriend (who I admit that I’ve just met but is just lovely!) and I hope you’ll have fun getting to know them at our party. They’ve promised to mingle, both of them, don’t let them out of it!
We will mingle! Oh yes, we will mingle. We'll mingle our butts off.
ReplyDelete