Not much happened at our doctor appointment this week. I was actually all excited to go there so that I could ask my questions and learn new stuff, but it turns out that at this point, there's not much to tell.
If you want to see and read about my doctor, her profile is here. (I hear you can get a crush on your OB/GYN, and yes, that might totally happen to me.)
1. I am feeling better, but not all the way better. This is a good sign, and the doctor would like me to try and get off the Zofran. "Push yourself to the edge if you can" she says. I intend to try that this weekend, but I have to tell you that I've had two "meh" days, one great day, one bad day, and one ok day this week. I've had to take at least some of my meds on all days. It seems that when I'm having a good day and I'm off the meds, the next day is not good. So, not sure what to do. Just hoping I start feeling even better and this point becomes moot. As meds go down, vitamins need to go up.
2. I have gained two more pounds (for a total of four pounds) and I am four pounds below the max your standard recommendation will allow. She says that this is great place to start your second trimester. I can feel the weight on me now and it's a little disconcerting, but I'm trying to be cool with it. Doctor's recommendation? Go to consignment shops that sell baby clothes, and wear lots of dresses.
3. I should not freak about about the amount of alcohol I ingested before I knew I was pregnant (can you say PLA? birthday party? at least one glass of wine for many days in succession?). I should also not freak out about the amount of folic acid I have not ingested. Issues related to this lack or excess of ingestion are very rare and the screening will catch anything weird. Note to self: stop worrying about this.
4. The baby's heart is beating at 157 beats per minute. That's right in the "normal" range for the baby at this age. We should find out if she is a girl (or not) at our 18 week ultrasound (one month from now).
5. Between now and then, I'll finish up my sequential screening, which gives us indications that everything is ok (or not). If not, then we have the option to proceed with more detailed testing. So far, we don't know anything specific other than I might be anemic, and so I should try to get more iron in my diet, and check that those vitamins come with iron in them.
Aaron is making me oatmeal every morning (iron) and I just ate a plate of spinach for lunch (folic acid). That's all I can do for today.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, how I'm lapping all of this up. Not that I enjoy hearing that you're still not feeling so great, just that it makes me feel closer when I'm so far away.
ReplyDeleteit's very funny that right when i notice a big ole grammatical error in the middle of my post, I click the comments button and there you are. or should i say you're?
ReplyDeleteI noticed no such grammatical error!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to read your recent post and see that you're feeling better (banana barfing aside). Hoorah!