We're lucky because we have generous friends and family. Lots of love, and lots of gifts. We've heard from pretty much everyone that they can't wait to buy the little thing a thing or two of her own. (For the record, she already has a little baby pair of black converse, a crib, and a wooden high chair.)
Meanwhile, many have posited that we'll need to leave our little loft now that we have a fourth individual on its way into our family (yes, we count the cat). So far, we're not planning a move, but we are planning, organizing, some would even say designing for, the space we'll need to contain the new stuff that comes along with little ones. Rather than expanding, we're still thinking minimalist. We've got work to do before we're ready (summer projects), but we're excited about the challenge of living the loft lifestyle with a whole family.
Enter: registries. An old friend once told me that she found registries and wish lists offensive. I say, sign us up! The links on the right will take you to lists and places that have the kinds of stuff we think we need, and the kinds of things we think will fit into our tiny urban loft. It also includes things we need (or want) that have been on the household wish list for some time, but we haven't been able to splurge for. For all of you itching to get started, I hope you won't think we're not gracious for making these suggestions. (It's ok if you think I'm bossy; I know it and I can't help myself!) We do hope you'll think of it as a little bit of insight into the kinds of things that would be helpful, and really warm our hearts. We might add or subtract from the list as we learn more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sure you have been subjected to everyone's advice and opinions. Those who have experienced pregnancy, childbirth, and raising children have an abundant supply of advice just for the asking. My advice is to take it all in and discard what you don't need. This is OJT and you're the new hire.
ReplyDelete