Sunday, May 16, 2010

SMILE. we're pregnant.

The last time I wrote on this blog was July last year; we were getting ready to have our wedding (albeit, rerun) ceremony and reception with family and close friends. We had a marvelous time, we loved seeing all of you, and we can't believe it hasn't even been a year...and...we have a baby on the way!

After years of tying desperately not to get pregnant, we decided to start trying in February (one year from our "real" anniversary). For the record, this did NOT take the six months that they promised us. The first thought, quite honestly, was "yay! it worked!" and then my second thought was, "wait! it's happening too fast!"

The next few weeks, Aaron and I selectively took in what this would mean for us. "Did we have a nice Christmas last year?" he would suddenly blurt out from across the room. "I don't want our bed downstairs," I would whine, "that's not where it *goes*."

12 weeks later, I can confidently say that I have never been as sick for as long in my life. Although I think we've fully absorbed the idea, and are starting to imagine feeling truly excited, my patience is thin, my will is waning, and I watch an awful lot of TV. People magazine is the only thing that tempts or distracts me. I have not done yoga since week 3 or 4 (didn't know I was pregnant) and I was experiencing random bouts of inexplicable vertigo. I keep looking in the mirror and thinking "Is that fat? Or bloat? Or the thing?"

As we've started to share our news, everyone is excited *for* us. My friend Jeff sent me an email that just said SMILE and that about sums it up. Your smiles and encouragement are keeping us focused on the light at the end of the tunnel. Please pray that I'll be one of the ones where this lets up before week 14 (13 days til then and counting; I knew it was impractical to focus on week 12).

See the little picture? S/he's a wiggler. But I'll save that story for another time...

No comments:

Post a Comment