Jeff and I proceeded through junior high (the rest of it), high school, college, grad schools, and beyond together. Sometime in there he married his college sweet-heart Wendy, who coincidentally I worked with while at PLU in the catering department. They now have a gorgeous girl Sophie, and another little one on the way.
The truth is that Jeff and I don't see each other often. We don't email, chat, text message, or talk on the phone. But if something big happens my life, Jeff is one of the first to know, and I have always appreciated that he has been there for all of it. I am very grateful that this has extended all the way to our big event, and that he and Wendy will be here in Seattle - I hope they bring the little Weatherills so that I can meet them too.
I don't know if I would say I "harassed" her, I remember it more like, helping her not be so much of a nerd. Now considering the source of this help, you may understand that was nearly impossible for me to succeed. Luckily I tried and and now have my oldest and possibly shortest friend.
ReplyDelete