One of Vivian's dads happens to be one of my oldest friends, Calvin. Calvin and I went to PLU together, and studied Biology, and Psychology, and for the GRE together. But we lovingly refer to those years as the dark ages. After college, we spent many wild nights at various bars together. Our very first visit to New York City? Together. I spent two years there, moved back home, and then he moved there. Such is life, I guess, but we love each other and we see each other when we can. Most recently, I visited to watch him graduate from medical school. He's mad at me, by the way, because I never answer my phone.
Just before I moved back to Seattle from New York, I met Calvin's soon-to-be partner Michael, who I now know as (1) an incredible source for all things "Devil Wears Prada" and (2) an amazing support and family for my friend. He's certainly one of the best dads I've ever known and I can't wait for you to meet all of these lovely people. They're coming all the way from New York City to celebrate with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment