Thursday, January 22, 2009

linda's? you're meeting him at linda's?

Aaron says to me he says, 'I'll call you Friday after work to make plans for Saturday.' Friday? no call. Saturday morning? no call. I call Trudee and say to her I say 'how long do I wait around for this guy to call me? He seems nice, but this is definitely not getting off to a good start.' 'Give him until 3pm,' she says, 'maybe something happened.'

230PM the phone rings and the first thing Aaron says to me is 'I am so sorry I haven't called you.'

Hm. Strike one.

lindas

My friend Brain Bannon says to me later on the phone, he says, 'you're meeting him at Linda's? Hm.' Indeed. I have to admit, his selection of Linda's for meeting him on our first date was also a little worrisome. It's a bit of a dive bar on Capitol Hill that often has a number of hipster types looking too cool for skool. Could it be a strike two? At the very least, I could look cute anyway. Jeans, heels, white blouse, and sweet light chocolate sweater with slender sleeves that puff out into detailed cuffs. I walk in and he's already there: sitting at a table with two other girls.

Strike two.

I've waited and waited and looked and looked but that strike three? It never came.

No comments:

Post a Comment